View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 06:03 AM   #25
Amras Oronar

Amras Oronar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Amras Oronar
I didn't quit expierience it as boring, perhaps only the beginning about the creattion, it was sort of difficult to understand and I personally didn't find it quit intresting. Also it is af course not really a story, it's more a history reccord. It doesn't have any main character's or anything. Af course the Hobbit and LoTR are real story's perhaps some people are preparing for that when they start reading the Silmarillion? I've always been told it was very very boring when I starded reading it, so it was much better then I expected

Also I know people who found it so sophisticated that they kept notes to remember who everybody was, it is quit hard to keep up with everything because there are so many people featured in it. Personally I havae to admit that sometimes I didn't understand it because I forgot who exactly the person who was featured in that chapter actually was...

But af course after a while you get to learn everybody and you understand everything better, but I did find it very hard to keep up how all people were related together... I think for instance that from the biggest part of the sons of Feänor I only found out they were sons of Feänor like half way through the book, when the eldest of Feänors sons died or and it said that the elf was now the eldest son of Feänor....

Though after reading it all I only found the beginning of how all was creatted confusion and perhaps a little boring...
Amras Oronar is offline   Reply With Quote