View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #50
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Anyway...one last post...

If Gondorians are prone to "Latinate" then I guess it's okay that Bellyn leaned toward that in Tapestry 1 because she grew up in Gondor...

And, as far as maiming/losing senses/what-have-you...I guess whatever is needed by the story, but my one true preference is for Bella not to die. That's all.

Name (that you go by):
Aylwen. Mallory.
Occupation: Student during the school year. Cashier at a clothing store.
Future Aspirations: Travel the world. Join the Peace Corps. Write a book. Run a marathon. Become an anthropologist or something. Learn more languages.
Goal in life: Change the world. No, really, I’m serious.
Short term goals: Finish packing for Costa Rica.
Passion: My family and friends. Writing, music, running, athletics in general, languages.
Hobbies: Swimming and playing guitar, playing soccer.
Famous for (brag about yourself): Being happy all the time, talking a lot, being excited about the little things, having more miles on my running shoes than on my car.
Fave book: The Silmarillion, The Phantom Tollbooth
Fave movie: The Fellowship of the Ring, Garden State, Beauty and the Beast, and Finding Nemo.
Fave sport: CROSS-COUNTRY. Running, not skiing. Soccer is a close second.
Fave store: Music stores.
Fave music: I like music so much. I guess I’d say most alternative rock and “indie” rock. I also love the Beatles and Pink Floyd. I’m a sucker for Beethoven, Irish folk music, and church hymns. I love Spanish music. I guess it would be easier to just say that I love music.
What you can't stand: People who don’t use their turn signal when they drive, people who step on the back of your flip flops while you’re walking.
What you plain dislike: Math. Country music. Rap (it’s not music).
Who you admire: I admire a lot of people…
What you most love to do: Run. Play music. Write. Hang out with friends. Ride bikes.
Your self-confessed flaws: I believe I am one of the most impatient people alive. I am loud – the stereo, my guitar amp…they’re on the highest volume level or not on at all. I talk a lot. I take things with a grain of salt which makes people angry sometimes when I don’t take things seriously. There are very few things I do take seriously (those things include church, running, music, and family).
What intrigues/fascinates you: People. The world. Fire. Languages. Thunderstorms.
What scares you: Bugs. Failure. Disappointing the people I love.
Quotation to live by: “Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.”

Value-specific:
What do you want most in a friend? Honesty, loyalty, sense of humor, consistency.
What do you want most in a teacher? Intelligence, understanding, open-mindedness.
What do you want most in an ally? Intelligence, trust, loyalty.
What do you want most in a team-mate? Speed, endurance, strength. Other than that? Sense of humor, reliability, determination, motivation.
What do you want people to remember most about you? That I never gave up.

Writer-specific:
Your favorite work you've written so far: Mm. Well, I sure did like that short story I co-wrote in my freshman creative writing class. That was a good one.
Your favorite character so far: I love them all.
What you plan to write soon: I'll write a lot about my trip in Costa Rica.
What inspires you to write: People. Life. Music.
What makes your writing stall: Thinking that it’s not good enough, that it’s not right, that it’s not perfect, that no one will like it.
Do you get writers' block and how do you overcome it? I go for a long, long, long run. Or I go for a bike ride. Or I play some guitar. Then I come back and I’m okay again.

Middle-Earth specific:
Your favorite ME character(s)? Feanor and Sam.
What do you like about them? For an elf, Feanor is just so…so human. He is the dark side of every person…plus he’s fiery and passionate and determined – focused to the point of recklessness. Sam just reminds me of my best friend.
Your favorite moment(s) from the Trilogy? The very end…when Sam says, “Well, I’m back.”
Your favorite plot twist(s) from the Trilogy? I guess it’s not really a “twist,” but I love that the hobbits, even with everyone doubting them and laughing at them, changed their world. It is hope that maybe the average someone can change everything.
Looking at your personality as it is, what race do you belong to in Middle-Earth and why? Eh, I guess those silly hobbits. They’re short. They’re happy 24/7. They like to dance around. Need I say more?
What race would you *like* to belong to in Middle-Earth and why? Probably the elves. They’re very tall and I’d really like to know what the view is like from up there. I don’t think I could handle living forever though.
What place(s)would you live in Middle Earth and why? The Grey Havens. It sounds rainy and drizzly there, and I like the rain.
Where would you want to visit? Why? Near or Far Harad…it sounds like it’s a sandy, hot, dry, savannah wasteland. Sounds fun.
How would you travel? I run everywhere. Walking just isn’t fast enough.
Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your knapsack and why? An MP3 player. Where would I be without my music?

So, right. I'll be back July 6th...hope I don't miss too much.

-Aylwen