View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #87
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
there will be the fact that in this game the nature of the votes for the representatives will be very different from the actual votes of the representatives themselves~Nogrod
I concede that as a point in your column, a person voting for a rep will hold different information than a rep casting a vote.

Quote:
The one thing I'm afraid though is that a wolf elected as a representative may hide her/his motives behind the "popular support" - as someone already said that s/he would like to see the rep vote her/his way, not the rep's own way!~Nogrod
I disagree. I will pick someone who will represent my voice. Period. That doesn't mean we still can't hold people accountable for their own decisions, whether they said they were only going with their constituents or not. "Popular support" is a lame cop out, the person who best expresses their intentions, and his/her intentions fit best with mine, will be my representative. That's a heck of a lot different than me saying I'm going to pick the first person who will suck up to me, by agreeing with me, because you can't throw bull crap past this pig pen raker.

Quote:
If he proves to work well for the intentions of this village, I am going to be the first one to nominate him.~Legate
What do you mean by "the intentions of this village?" Do you mean if the the phantom proves he means well in the sense that he can lead the village to lynching wolves? Or do you mean he will prove to serve your own sinister intentions?

Quote:
I think they might just lay low and vote innocents as representatives because it's more probable that a village lynches an innocent anyway.~Lommy
If you are speaking as far as Day 1's go, I would agree with that. However, a bold, no holding back wolf will not skirt away from a chance of being a representative and lead us all like sheep in lynching innocencts.

Edit: xed with everyone since's Nogrod's post #81