View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 01:50 PM   #29
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

As Bullroarer spoke to Dwarin, Robin found herself turning pink with excitement. So, someone had liked her song! That was rare.

Bullroarer turned back to her. Looking curiously at him, Robin said, "We're traveling to Rivendell, aren't we?"

"Yes, we are," Bullroarer replied. "And how did you know?"

"There's always a strange light in one's eyes when they are planning to go to Rivendell," answered Robin. "But don't think it was my idea. You see, I have an Elf friend at Rivendell who said I had a light in my eyes when I was traveling to Rivendell with her. She said that everyone she met who was traveling to Rivendell, no matter what their race, got that light in their eyes."

"You have been to Rivendell before, then?"

"Yes, once," Robin replied, her eyes taking on a rather dreamy look. "My friend took me there. It was beyond beautiful. I can hardly contain my excitement at being able to go again."

"It is well we have one who has traveled there before accompanying us," said Bullroarer.

"Hmm, yes, I suppose." Robin wasn't really paying attention. She was gazing out one of the windows of the inn, at the dark night sky.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said suddenly, looking apologetically at Bullroarer. "I was thinking of Rivendell. I'm eager to go there again."

She suddenly noticed two young hobbits were standing at the table. She beamed a smile at them. "Sit down!" she said. "I'm sorry if I missed out on anything important you had to say. Though I'm quite sure you were talking to Bullroarer and not meself. Sit down!"