View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #72
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Harrenon and Coldan left early the next morning, as quickly and as inconspicuously as possible so as to avoid another encounter with Branor, who had been giving them detailed advice as to what they should find out about King Elessar. Harrenon barely restrained himself from pointing out that actually their mission was to disprove Branor’s wild notions about the King and not confirm them.

“You know, Coldan,” he told his companion as they were slowly walking through the city streets, “There’s quite a lot of pressure on us two. I mean – asking about the Pherianath is one thing. It is quite another to pry in the life of a King. My King, actually, I should say.” he added as an afterthought.

Coldan did not look too troubled about that and Harrenon told himself firmly that now was not the time to feel uncomfortable. There surely was no law against asking for information about the King and anyway, it was the alternative was to go along with Branor’s ideas about Elessar, which were getting more and more ridiculous and would have perhaps been mistaken as purposeful ridicule.

“Vere to?” Coldan inquired. “As a Gondorian, do you know vere to look?”

Harrenon shrugged his shoulders and halted, looking around helplessly. Only then had he realised that he actually had no idea where to start looking.

“To tell you the truth,” he replied, “Lossanarch is quite different from Minas Tirith and I don’t really know my way around as well as expected.” He stood for a while pondering what options they had, then said the first thing that came in his mind. “How about looking for armouries or smithies? You know, places where you can get swords and the like. Soldiers go to such places even in times of peace, or so I’m told. Who knows? Maybe we might even run into some of the Citadel Guards, if we’re lucky.”

He looked expectantly at Coldan, waiting for his comfirmation.