View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #203
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Bordarigorn looked fiercely up at Telpeheled.
"What is the matter you ask? Am I human or am I just called human? Who decides what is right or not. I can’t, you can't, the Easterlings can't and Sauron can't. Not even the Valar can. What is the point of life when there are no guidelines? It is madness I tell you."

Telpeheled stepped back in the face of his vehemence, almost colliding with Maeralagos standing behind. Together they watched Anuion slap Bordarigorn, and Bordarigorn hit back. It's a novel way to do things, but I suppose it works! mused Telpeheled as Bordarigorn ran on, seeming to be back to his old self.

"Ready for another trial, my friend?" asked Maeralagos.
Telpeheled snorted. "There is nothing I would rather do less, but I suppose we continue. What else can we do?"

With a sigh he began to walk forwards, and then stopped.
"When this is over, I am leaving" he said suddenly, turning to face Maeralagos. "There is so much in this world I know nothing of. I have learnt so much on this journey. More than in the rest of my life. I have to find out more!"
His eyes were shining, then suddenly they clouded.
"I shall miss the Golden Wood" he continued softly. "And I shall miss your friendship, for that has been the best thing to come out of this mission."
Maeralagos smiled back, emotion shining in his eyes. Silently he patted Telpeheled's back.

Telpeheled paused, thinking, then smiled.
"Well, come on then. We must leave for my last ever battle!" So saying he began to run after Bordarigorn, Anuion and the others.

Sooner than he had expected he saw the first signs of trees in the distance. Speechlessly he stopped, just staring at the trees of his home. Serious doubts came into his mind about whether he would have the strength of will to ever leave it, the most beautiful place on Arda, he was sure.
Home! he thought joyfully Home, family and- He smiled, beautiful maidens. Perhaps I will introduce Maeralagos to Alenara, she is rather serious like him!
With renewed energy and speed he began again to run, ever catching up with Anuion and Bordarigorn in his haste. He turned to the man.
"I just want to tell you" he said slowly to conserve his breath "that I am proud to have done this with you. And I hope I have justified being brought along?"

[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link