Thread: Resistance RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 12:39 PM   #26
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

Late Afternoon on October the 28th

Dury snorted loudly, just as his questionable companion did, and just as loudly. They both blinked in surprise, but quickly regained each of their angry composure. With a sniff, Dury turned sharply away as the other hobbit went back to his pipe. With a nod of acknowledgement for Josh, he strode of to find Paladin. The young hobbit had been about to speak, and Dury felt bad to ignore him, but he had things to take care of. He was not going. He was not. Dury squeezed his hand into a tight fist. It took far too much strength to keep his legs moving at the moment. To say yes to such a request! Five days of illegal journeying, with some of the strangest hobbits in Middle Earth…Tooks and Brandybucks! Ah, but to have leaf again, and to have done something against what this Chief -- an abomination! -- was oppressing the Shire with. Rules and more unjust rules! He would not stoop to call them laws! Angry determination set his legs right, and his mind straight. He was going, curse him, but he turned back around.

Josh was eyeing Dury strangely, and he had right to. He was acting like a startled hen! Dury Greenhand certainly was not a hen! Though, he was easily startled... Dury stifled a growl. Needlessly adjusting his coat, the hobbit ran a hand through his untamable, curly locks, and opened his mouth to speak. Josh beat him to it. "Are you alright, Mr. Dury?"

"Do I seem…," he began angrily. He paused a moment, calming himself. The answer had been all too automatic. "Yes. I am fine, thank you Josh," he said in a mild tone, as cheery as possible when being forced. A smile wouldn't come, though. "I am a bit…uncertain…concerning this journey. Though I do want my leaf!" He chuckled lamely. "Could…could you…er… What does your old uncle have in mind? This might be tricky, eh?"

Tricky? Downright dangerous! Those Shirrifs may be poppycock -- and a pile of it! -- but they held powerful positions. Powerful positions meant powerful actions. Get on the wrong side of them, and...reputation was the least of Dury's worries. There would be much more at risk. At the end of the day, would it all be worth it? How much can a group of…what was it -- five hobbits? What could five hobbits do? Five leafless hobbits…

[ September 14, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]