View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 10:41 AM   #29
onewhitetree
Seeker of Syntax

onewhitetree has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to onewhitetree
Sting

All of a sudden, the sun seems just a bit dimmer. Guests look up at the sky, puzzled, and their gaze is drawn to a glorious, if diminutive, figure making its first appearance. Everyone looks with wonder and curiosity at the dazzling radiance that has just entered the grounds.

Kate, in all her effervescent beauty, intelligence, wit, grace, and humility has joined the party! Everyone hushes in admiration of the magnanimous Chat Operator who selflessly makes a person immortal by means of Dictionary (which she has in her Magically Expanding Purse).

"Hello, my dear friends! I've come as Goldberry -- I bow and sweep my top hat to all!" She proceeds to curtsy, not a top hat in sight.

"I've brought you all a wonderful gift, oh, yes I have! I found him in a tree just outside the party grounds, peering in with binoculars rather suspiciously, and of course I knew that it was Orald! ...er, Durelen... hmm...MacGyver? Anyway, he has come as Tom Bombadil, fittingly. Isn't he so cute?!" Kate proceeds to pinch the disgruntled-looking Tom's cheek.

"Now all you young ones be sure to take advantage of his wisdom, for such chances in life are elusive! He is happy to do trivia for hours on end, I happen to know!"

Kate promptly disappears with a thud-like sound, and a sly grin spreads over the face of Tom Bombadil as he replaces his yellow boot on his foot. His eye fixes on the bar, and he starts to stroll across the field, nodding to those he recognizes.

Then there is a flash, and Kate reappears with a vengeful look on her face. She stomps over to the bar and slaps Orald around a bit with a large trout.

Well, I'M BACK.