View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 11:13 AM   #34
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

A chubby, good natured hobbit with hair and skirts flying approaches the party tent, relieved to see that all barriers and threatening missives have disappeared. She wears a red cap with a feather jauntily perched on the side which immediately marks her as an official carrier for the Shire messenger service. Her grey pony Razar (so called because of his propensity to devour small red apples) carries bulging mailbags on either side of his flanks.

She ties up Raza, kisses him on the nose, and bursts into the party dragging behind her the heavy mailbags which are now spilling cards and letters in five directions at once. Clearing her throat to gain the attention of the many guests who are already a bit inebriated, she explains: "I have here many missives and greetings sent to the Barrow-wight, most of them apparently good-will wishes (although some may be otherwise). However, the many hobbits who have sent these greetings neglected to put proper postage on the envelopes. I must therefore ask you to rectify this oversight before I can officially deliver this mail!"

Seeing that no one is paying attention to her plea, she attempts to corner Frodo Baggins and Galadriel and bludgeon them into making good on this arrears. They look at her with amazement. Since she is a small and quite unthreatening hobbit, she is understandably unsuccessful in this regard. She decides it's best to let the whole thing go, leaves the mail scattered on the floor, and repairs to the buffet tables to begin her lunch.

She waves across to say hello to Birdland and Littlemanpoet, and also to Piosenniel whom she has recently learned is also a member of the "Frodo Lives" generation of Middle-earthers. She soon forgets her earlier woes (and her later mail deliveries) as she enjoys the music and her large plate of mushrooms.