View Single Post
Old 03-29-2001, 10:43 PM   #3
mwcfrodo
Animated Skeleton

mwcfrodo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Animated Skeleton
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: The tears of Boromir

Perhaps his eyes were filled with tears because he was looking into the bright sun?? Some folks sneeze when they look at the sun and some just tear up -- maybe Boromir was one of the latter..

As for the 110 days...First of all, didn't he come up through the Gap of Rohan? One of the arguments for going through Moria was that it would take too long to go down the west side of the mountains and through Rohan (leaving aside the dubious alligencies of the the Rohirrim) Second, I'd always assumed that Rivendell was tricky to find if someone did not know the way and/or did not know how to look for it. Clearly given Boromir's attitude toward Lothlorien, no one was ever going to give him the nickname &quot;Elf-friend&quot; and I think that meant he would be unable to see Elvish creations. Several times in ROTK, Sam and Frodo's elvish cloaks seem to conceal them more than would be expected from the Orcs. I think that type of &quot;Elvish magic&quot; would make Rivendell hard for Boromir to spot. Finally (and somewhat tongue-in-cheek), he was full of pride and stubborn -- not the type to ask directions...

</p>
mwcfrodo is offline   Reply With Quote