View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 12:58 AM   #303
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Envinyatar,

I'm not at all sure about the subterranean boat. That was something Ang mentioned. I hope that he'll share the details with us shortly. I'm not sure how we go about finding it. So right now I was concentrating on the burial of the bones.

Pio and I spoke briefly the other day about doing a "ship's" burial for the bones in the cave. This would actually be easier than digging a grave and very appropriate in terms of Tolkien.

The twins would be most welcome. Lindir is in a bit of a jam. I don't think we want to escalate tensions but a friend or two at his side would help. The men have a fishing boat nearby. They are decent but suspicious. Out in deeper waters there is a small fleet of such vessels (4-5?). If you recall, Lindir has an ancient, jewelled brooch at his neck (one made by the Diviner in kinder, gentler times), which would bring a pretty penny for the fisher people if they took it back to the coast. Lindir will be most ready to barter that for one of the older boats in the fishermen's fleet (perhaps one in less than excellent repair). Indeed, at this point, he is quite ready to let the brooch go, given what's just happened!

We could bring the bones down by the basket and load them onto the ship. Then give them an appropriate send off--elves and orcs together. Would the twins (or some part of them) like to help?

I am still fighting a nasty chest cold and need to go collapse in bed. Please feel free to carry on if you'd like to join in by a post or a save. I wouldn't object if Lindir slipped the brooch to one of the twins and they tried their hand at negotiating. I am also open to other suggestions.

I hope to write some more tomorrow. Does this help? If not, shoot away with questions. Perhaps Ang can explain about the subterranean passage and that boat, which will presumably head straight west for those so inlined.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 02-14-2006 at 01:03 AM.