View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 AM   #629
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm not saying if you like it then you are wrong. I'm merely saying: "Bleurgh! I don't like it."

Or if I must intellectualise my response, what I think is....the interior and exterior do not match. The exterior is far too fanciful and Disney-esque with the oversized chimney stack out of proportion with the building and the 'flipped edges' of the roof looking contrived. The 'extension' also appears contrived as it is finished in an identical fashion to the main part of the structure where it ought to be slightly different to get any authenticity. The stonework is laid like crazy paving giving a '1970s bungalow finish' to the exterior. The ceramic tiles used around the windows give yet another 'feel' - of Mexicana. The interior is much better finished, but the lofty roof gives the feel of being in a barn conversion, which is not in sympathy with the 'cosiness' implied by the exterior. The arched ante-room library is nicely done but as a whole the building is a bit messy, a confusion of 1970s designer style, modern gothic-ry and Disney twee.

But yeah. It's a bit sickly for me.