View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 01:13 PM   #140
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Walking was going well until Tuesday night, when it began to snow. I was thinking of trudging through the snow, but the road was covered, not to speak of the wilderness! It snowed hard for a couple days and then I was amazed at how much time I had to spend on Friday and Saturday! Now the weather is nice and sunny, and though the snow lingers on the ground, the road is clear.

1. Which of the four hobbits (Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin) do you identify with the most? All of them, at some times
2. Why? Frodo, because there are just times where I can relate to him entirely. Sam, mainly because of a pony I'm completely in love with. Merry and Pippin, because I can be just like them sometimes.
3. Is there another hobbit besides those four that you identify with more? Robin Brandybuck and Donnamira 4. Where did that hobbit come from? (Fanfic? RPG? Tolkien?) Robin is from the Long Winter, I can identify with her greatly, and Don, because, even though she's just a child, her personality is much like mine.
5. What's your favorite walking song? Any old Irish song
6. What's your favorite Middle-Earth walking song? Upon the hearth the fire is red...
7. Do you sing it to a tune? Which one/where did you get it? From the BBC Lord of the Rings radio... show... thing
8. What's your primary method of getting to Rivendell? (Walking, running, biking... etc.) Walking
9. Secondary method of getting to Rivendell? (walking running etc.) Biking
10. If you had a Shire-pony what would you name him or her? I already have (well, not own) one... little Tinker!
11. Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your hobbit-knapsack and why? A map of the road from Hobbiton to Rivendell
12. Are you travelling alone or with other Rivendell walkers, and do they have hobbit-alter-egos? About three others
14. In hobbit-society, have you come of age yet (33) or not? Not yet...
What you can/cannot tolerate/enjoy about the Shire that we're leaving behind:
15. Pipes: yes or no? Don't smoke
16. Ale: yes or no? Don’t drink
17. Gardens: Yes or no? I find little gardens of wild flowers everywhere I go.
18. Living below ground: yes or no? I think it would be an interesting experiment.
19. Dancing the Sprinkle Ring: yes or no? I admit I've never done it before.
20. Huge parties: yes or no? I prefer small parties with the family
21. What you like the least about The Shire? The Sackville-Bagginses! Am I ever glad to say goodbye to them!
22. Where you would want your summer cottage (or smial)? Tuckborough
23. Where you would settle in for the winter? Tuckborough again
24. What would your hobbittish proffession be? A stablemaster or a groom
25. This one is for Dragoneyes: Will you try walking barefoot at some point, and what is your plan for doing it safely? It wouldn't be safe here.