Thread: Rivendell RPG
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2002, 09:01 AM   #17
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Sting

Elenna sat on the great chair of Lord Elrond in the council chamber. Usually it wouldn't be her place to sit here, but this was an emergency.
"All right, everyone. We have an emergency. We need to find some way to rescue Elrond before he is broken by torture. He is a great lord, but Azruk is cruel. We cannot lose that ring! Keldin, what have you come up with?"
"I have a new arrow that can pierce even the thickest Uruk-hai armor. It isn't perfect yet, though"
"Well, I don't care how long it takes. Stay up all night if you have to. Just finish it. Aman can make as many as you need, once you have a prototype. Tomorrow, we will start the war. The Bruinen is a stupid place to fight, but it's the best we can do. Our archers will have to shoot from the trees, and the rest of us will be doing a lot of fighting in the river. And now that Elrond is captured, we cannot start the flood. Archers, Azruk will be using his orc warriors to bait you while the wargs come and kill everyone. Don't waste your arrows, and split into crews; one will go for orcs, another for Wargs, and so on. Us ground-pounding fighters can go for whatever we want. The Bruinen will be stained with Yrch blood tomorrow! And leave Azruk to me. We have an old score to settle."
Elenna stopped, trying to stop a single tear from running down her cheek at the memory. Her younger sister, Lalaith, had been cruelly tortured by Azruk when he found her playing in the woods. Elenna had sworn to kill him with the very sword she named for her sister.