View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 05:25 PM   #276
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Avanill had, that night found himself a place where he could see the stars shining brightly in the sky. For a while he pushed the worries from his mind and began naming the various constellations. Avanill smiled to himself in the dark, he knew where he was and that he could see, which was more important to him still were the stars that guided his way home. He thought of his home, and his mother who inhabited the lands nearby.

The young man understood why he had decided to join Naiore in the first place, and there had been no questions asked on the elf’s part fro he came highly recommended, by Atantri. The thing Avanill could not understand however was why his mother in the first place had become her prime black-market dealer. Had she been tempted by money? He found this unlikely because Atantri had already been wealthy. In his heart of hearts however, Avanill knew that his mother like him was tempted by what many men could not-can not refuse; greed.

Avanill turned his attentions to the ground and kicked at the dirt, he was caught mid-swing by the appearance of a Linhurin Plant. He used it often in many of his poisons- his body froze. Rauthain still had his satchel. Avanill could stand being without it for a few hours, yes but when he missed it this long he felt exposed. He tapped at his side, checking that his sword was still there in case he had to defend himself. Unlikely the young man thought but not out of the question.

He had found another bench to pass the night, deciding against going to the ranger’s quarters. He was still a little weary of them, he was after all a criminal himself, and not only for the murder of Tallas either. Besides, he had spent so much time out in the wilderness he scarcely felt at home anywhere else.

Avanill was woken in the early hours of the morning by the strange feeling that he was being watched. Once he knew of this he jumped up with a cry only to see a stoic looking male elf staring back at him, his hands clasped in front of him.
“You are Avanill?” he asked in a slow voice.

“Yes.”

“I thought as much.” Replied the elf

Avanill was still weary but had relaxed himself slightly. “And?... You are?”

“That is not important” said the elf. “As I will never be here again, I am sailing over the sea. The others sent me to find you; they were concerned that you may have left us.”

Avanill frowned. “No I haven’t left, as a matter of fact I was going to find them now, well that is as soon as I woke up.”

“Then if you may go on your way now I have established your whereabouts.” Replied the elf who then walked away.

Avanill in turn went in the opposite direction. Being woken up by an elf in the early hours of the morning was not one of his favourite things to do.

Last edited by Everdawn; 08-06-2004 at 04:24 AM.