View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 05:13 PM   #15
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I just want to address one little thing that was said earlier.
Quote:
And why is it that the men maintain their faith by doing whereas the women maintain their faith by waiting?
When you say "doing" should I assume you mean running around and fighting?

If that is indeed what you mean, Fordim, the answer is quite obvious.

In the Olympics this last summer do you realize that some of the women who won gold medals in running events would not have finished first in the Nebraska High School Boys Track Meet? Some of them wouldn't have even got a medal. The woman who won the gold medal in the 100 might not have even qualified for the final heat in our track meet. Yes, that's right. Multiple high school boys from one of the least populous states can beat the best women in the world in track.

Three years ago when I was playing more tennis I played a girl who won a couple of big women's tournaments in her state and I blanked her 6-0, 6-0.

So translate this to Middle-Earth. Would you really want a lot of women running around and fighting? If you say yes then I don't think you like women very much, because a lot of them would die if they were running around and fighting.

(and don't even start whining and saying I'm sexist, because I don't value men over women- I merely recognize physical differences between the sexes)