View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 AM   #924
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I didn't protect Gwath, because I was positive he was Pippin, so his bonus votes weren't worth anything. I'd ruled both Kent and Nilp out of being Pippin, because they'd both used their bonus votes where they counted - in lynching Kuru. I figured the Three would try and take out Finrod - the only one who put them in danger at Night.
Oh yes, I had forgotten about that. Then it does indeed make sense to choose the "most-likely-to-be-Finrod" candidate. It was a good choice; I probably would've thought Nilp as the possible Finrod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I hadn't spotted Form as Luthien. I only protected him that Night because he was one of a few people left whom I thought would be a Night kill. What sealed it was his curious exchanges with Kuru.
I suspected Finrod would spot the same thing I did and choose to protect Formy and when I saw that you in fact did protect him, I assumed it was for that reason. Interesting that it wasn't...a lucky guess though unfortunately on the wrong Night. Though it should comfort you knowing you couldn't have prevented his death anyway.