View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #23
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Léof found himself at a slight loss when he had started to head over to the woman called Saeryn, only to have her and another woman walk right past him to the place he had just been. He would certainly seem foolish to simply turn around and go back. When he saw her turn and glance at him, though, he supposed she would be coming to him soon, and he had already waited this long for a really good meal; a little bit longer wouldn’t kill him. He could not deny that the promising scent of good food did not make his mouth water, though. Good food, kind, lordly people, a job - Léof could hardly believe this place was for real.

His mind turned again to Eodwine’s offer. The job was his! Or, at least it would be in a month, and this chance – a very fair one, at that – was all Léof could ask for. After having been turned down so many times.... Well, now that his position seemed stable, he could start thinking about the future.

His thoughts were interrupted when Saeryn approached him and introduced herself. “It’s breakfast you’re wanting, then? Please, sit down and I can get you a plate.” Léof could not help but feel at ease with her cheery manner, and he smiled and nodded. “Thank you very much.”

She went off to the kitchen, and he wandered over to the table now occupied by only one man - he thought he had seen a woman leave before. He smiled tentatively. “Um… Do you mind if I sit here? My name is Léofric, though more people just call me Léof…”

Last edited by Firefoot; 01-26-2006 at 06:49 PM.