View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 11:11 AM   #151
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Merisuwyniel stepped forward courageously and (being the only one of the Sing’n’Swingship who remembered the words their ‘hostess’ had spoken on the previous day: “One of you will volunteer for a singing competition with yours truly, after we find an impartial judge. Win, and you walk away unscathed, maybe even with a gift or two. Lose, and I get your souls.”) said, “I will take the challenge, though I do not know the abilities of my opponent.”

“Well, well, aren’t you brave!” Leninia mocked in her most lilting tones. “You know what? You don’t have to do it all by yourself! As a matter of fact, I’ll take it up against all of you, singly or together. If you get more total points from the judge than I do, you win.”

“This is a heavy burden,” the Elven maiden replied. “So heavy that none could lay it on another. I do not lay it on you,” she continued, turning to her companions. “But if you take it freely, I will say that your choice is right.”

“If by my singing or dancing I can aid you, I will!” Vogonwë said dramatically. “You have my tenor!”

“And my baritone!” Earnur added, manfully clearing his throat.

“And my bass!” Kuruharan chimed in melodiously.

“There must be someone gifted with musicality in this quartet…boy group…thing,” squeaked Gateskeeper. “You have my countertenor.”

Since she was much too kind and polite to give the only obvious answer to that last statement, Merisu merely sighed and asked their hostess, “Will you give us a few moments of time to plan and rehearse our performance?”

“Sure,” Leninia said magnanimously, waving a languid hand toward the stage. “Help yourselves!” She made no move to leave the room, however, and neither did the judge, so after a few whispered consultations, the group decided to trust to their proverbial luck in tight situations, drawing on their experience in Soreham, and the male quartet began to sing.