View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 03:15 PM   #35
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Estelarion and Menelduliniel bustled to the Inn door.

"We would have been here sooner, if you had not insisted we take that 'shorter' route!" Menelduliniel said to Estelarion angrily, nearly yelling.

"How would I know that a tree had caused the bridge to fall?" Estelarion said, exhasperated. It was obvious they had been arguing about this for some time by the resigned look on his face.

"You know the land better than I do. And you hear more stories," Menelduliniel said, "I would think that even just once someone would mention that the bridge had fallen!"

"Elbereth Gilthoniel! How, in the name of Manwë, am I to hear a story when I have your voice in my ear every three seconds yelling at me for minor mistakes such as these?" Estelarion said, mockingly, "'Oh, Estelarion! You should have had visions and seen that the tree was going to fall across the way, forcing me to exert my poor little body to climb over the two-foot tall log! You are more gifted than I am! Why did you not see it? It is all your fault! I am not speaking to you! But it is still your error! And, furthermore-' and on you go! I sometimes wish you were telling the truth when you threaten not to speak to me! It would at least give me some quiet!"

Menelduliniel took in a breath and looked at Estelarion indignantly, "I do not do that!" was all she could manage. She turned and angrily entered the Inn.

A story was already in progress. She silently moved across the room, her agitation still showing clearly. Estelarion entered a few minutes later and sat at the opposite side of the Inn. They bristled in rage as they listened to the stories being told, both drinking large amounts of ale...

[ November 23, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]