View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 08:52 AM   #47
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hi, Helkahothion,

Just wanted to make a comment on your recent comments here:

Quote:
Hey you meanies,
Leave Maika and Aman alone. You should not be so mean to them. They are different than you so they do things in a different way. There way. You ask for opinions on this tread. Not for comments on others. We have PM's and ratings for such business. So please leave everyone in there values. I rest my case. (For now, so be careful )
I guess I must have been particularly mumble-mouthed yesterday, as "being mean to someone" was the last thing I was trying to do. When I respond to someone in a thread, either agreeing or disagreeing, it's because I value what they said, and I think it merits serious consideration.

Let me boil my responses to Aman nd Maika down to two sentences, and maybe that will clarify things.

1. Aman, you obviously have some real reasons for your concerns. Please share specific examples by pm, and we'll see what we can do.

2. Maikadilwen, I basically agree with you. Because there have been so few Gondor games, people haven't had the chance to audition and play there to the full extent I'd like to see.

3. I also concur with Bethberry that, in order to get added to the list of Gondor game founders, you'd generally need to have founded another game first in one of the other forums.

Hey, Helka, I don't think it's 'mean' to have different opinions and share them respectfully with each other within this thread or any other. That's the whole reason this board exists. Usually, you end up with a better idea by engaging in discussion and debate, even when you start out having different ideas.

I absolutely hate when folk dump on each other with namecalling and such. That was certainly not what I was trying to do. But I feel that, without an honest exchange of opinions it's much harder to get to know one another and solve real problems that do exist.

Cami, Shire Mod