View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 10:00 PM   #3
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
It was a very somber, tightly packed village that wedged itself into the tavern's tiny basement that morning. The pile of mushrooms had shifted in the night. They would have suspected their visitor had left early, skipping out on the bill (and not taking her share of mushrooms) if they hadn't seen the puddle of blood oozing out from beneath the pile.

They would have chalked it up to bad luck, a misplaced unbalancing midnight snack, or a tiny earthquake if they hadn't dug up the body missing its head. Even the people who had to peer over shoulders or around legs from the back of the crowd could see that it had been chewed off at the neck.

They might have thought to go to a nearby constabulary for the authorities if tempers hadn't been so short from the hard work and late nights they had all been putting in of late. As it was, they glared at their nearest neighbors and shifted so that they were elbowing and kneeing as many people as possible.

"Kath, this is because your crop has gotten out of control!" growled Eomer.

"It's your tavern!" retorted Kath.

"Lommy was the last to see her alive!" crowed Shasta.

"Sally! Don't you sleep in the tavern? Did you hear anything?" bellowed Lommy.

"That looks to be about 2000 pounds of mushrooms," said Sally, "And I am ton deaf."

"Sneaky, very strong, murderous, eats heads," Inziladun ticked off the list on his fingers from his position lounging against the wall. "Who or what could have done it?"

"Poor gal," hiccuped Legate. "She didn't have mushroom in the end."

"Somebody or something was howling again last night!" shouted Rikae.

"I heard it too," cried Aganzir.

"Come to think of it, I was woken up a few times by howling," mused Nerwen.

"MUHHHH," said Greenie.

"No, it didn't sound anything like that," replied Rikae.

"Then it can only be...."

"WEREWOLVES!" they chorused.

"My cousin lived in a village that suffered from three or four of those I think," said Nerwen.

"How do you get rid of it?" demanded Lommy.

"By narrowing down people's innocence, of course!"

"And how is that done?" queried Kath.

"MUUHHRRRRRrder!" said Greenie.

"WAIT!" said Aganzir waving her arms for attention above the crescendoing hubbub, nearly clawing off somebody's face. "How do we know when we have gotten rid of them all?"

"Let's pick a number...like three. After we kill three of them we'll consider it done," said Sally decisively.

And with that being the only possible way the problem could be explained or solved, they began the task of arguing a lot.

---------------------------------

Dead:

Oddwen - A Visitor, beheaded and hidden under mushrooms.

Living:

Eomer of the Rohirrim - Tavern-keep
A Little Green - Mad Gardener and Cat/Goat Lady
Thinlomien-
The Housewife
satanisaloser2005 -
Town Bard
Legate of Amon Lanc -
Town Drunk
Inziladun -
Town Layabout
Kath - A Farmer, trying their hand at a new potentially lucrative crop: mushrooms!
Shasta -
A Baker of Bread (and only Bread)
Rikae -
A Candlestick Maker (but not a maker of candles)
Nerwen -
A Soup Artist who is Souper at their job
aganzir -
The Butcher

-------------------------

Day 1 has dawned. Wolves stop PMing.
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote