View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 11:47 AM   #40
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
To be honest, I think people's perceptions of the cartoon depends on things such as their age, what level of CGI and so on they have been exposed to, whether they had seen PJ's ones first, attention span...and so on. I mean, that is the first time I had seen a cartoon from the 1970s and I've seen much better...and my attention span is not all it should be really. I saw FOTR first...I might have seen TTT as well actually, I can't remember. And all those airy fairy special effects got to me because they contrasted so greatly with the potatoe-ness of the Hobbits...but Essex is right, it is more faithful than PJ's. It's just that I seem unable to appreciate it...(I never got past the Hobbits leaving the Shire, as I recall). Anyway, I don't like animated stuff as a rule...I couldn't stand Fantasia for a start...(that would be because it both bored me and terrified me...interesting combination, no?)