View Single Post
Old 03-14-2003, 03:17 AM   #190
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

“Pio??” Rose managed to gasp out loud, shocked to see the Elf’s figure, quite round in the middle, straddling a beautiful horse with only slight difficulty.

‘Falmar had not wanted to stop, and even now, she pranced in an agitated manner, wanting to fly on down the road. Pio‘s attention was fixed on calming her mount, and she could not pay attention to the Hobbit staring at her, mouth agape. But when she had brought the horse into line, she turned her head with a smile to the young lass standing at the side of the road.

‘I should have known you would come alone, in your own way, Rose. And not with the others. That has always been your way.’ Pio reached down her arm, and helped Rose to mount up behind her. ‘The place you are seeking lies a half day’s walk behind us on this road. Come stay with me for the night at the lodging just up the road. I shall see you get to the place you need to be by tomorrow for certain, though I will not be returning there myself for a while.’

‘And what place is that Pio? And why am I here, with you?’ There was a small note of fear in Rose’s voice as she spoke. Pio urged ‘Falmar back down the road, away from the Inn. She reined her in, keeping her to a slow walk as she explained to Rose what had happened – the arrival of Cami, the arrivals of Bilbo, Frodo, and Lorien, then Maura and the contingents of Hobbits from Tol Fuin and Greenwood.

‘We are all here?’ Rose’s voice had now taken on a note of wonder, and mild disbelief that this had happened. Still, here she was, mounted behind Pio, heading through the once familiar country side of the Shire. ‘So, are we all here to celebrate the birth of your and Mithadan’s babies,’ she said, still trying to figure out the events that had occurred.

‘No! Not at all, you goose! Though I am happy you will be here to see them.’ Pio urged ‘Falmar on at a faster pace. ‘Save your questions until we reach the inn. It is nearby. We can relax, have something to eat and drink. And then you can ply me with all the questions you wish, and I you . . .’