View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #49
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
To The Captain of Despair, Hi. It is Gandalf who halts The Lord of the Nazgul by saying "You cannot enter here", why did he not just keep riding forward until he heard the horns of the North and then halt. As for having to be mighty to defeat him, Aragorn chased him off with a bit of wood and he was killed by a woman in armed conflict. The argument that Merry helped Eowyn is weak, and how magical was her sword. I think that the greatest weapon Sauron had was fear, and the greatest of those that wielded such power were The Nazgul. If you have ever felt gut wrenching fear, it paralyzes people, Tolkien saw that in The First World War. I spent 24 years in The Army, and have seen it too often to ignore it. I think in normal circumstances, a man confronting a Nazgul would run and hide. What made Eowyn stand and fight, Love of kin, Tolkien knew that love (of comrades) is mightier than fear, people will do the most courageous things for love, some say it weakens the head and strengthens the heart HA-HA.

NOMOREIHERE
narfforc is offline   Reply With Quote