Thread: Female Orcs?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2001, 08:39 PM   #31
Halbarad
Wight

Halbarad has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pile o' Bones
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Female Orcs and origin of orcs

Fangorn says that Morgoth made orcs in mockery of the elves, and trolls in mockery of the Ents. Was it Elrond that said that the power of darkness cannot create things of its own, only ruin what has already been made? In the Silmarillion it said that orcs came out of the pits of Morgoth, and insinuated that they were tortured elves.
But also, I was under the impression that the orcs spawned somehow- some foul process no doubt. The Uruk-Hai were described as some foul union of orcs and men- Saruman was accused of that by Gimli so does that mean that Saruman was the first cloner? I shudder to think of orcs and women together, or men with orcs for that matter.

Orc spawn- think of it as frog spawn, only larger

</p>
-Halbarad to Aragorn, 'The Passing of the Grey Company' Book V, Return of the King."A little people, but of great worth are the Shire-folk. Little do they know of our long labour for the safekeeping of their borders, and yet I grudge it not"