View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 07:57 PM   #8
Eglaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Eglaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I love the books more than the movies. I'm a bigger fan of Tolkien than of the movies. dont get me wrong, i think that the movies are amazing, and it was a great adaptation of the books, and i personally think it would not have been a better movie if anybody else but Peter Jackson had directed it. He was a fan of the book, and i think he did an amazing job. But you cant really compare a book to a movie, because you know that a movie can have limitations, like time... you cant have a 4 hour film, because you would be sitting around all day. i think he didnt really take anything away from the movie...except Tom Bambodil and the Barrow Downs (sniffle, sniffle). the book is good because you make up your own Middle Earth. you make up how your hobbits look, how the orcs look, how everything looks. It's your Middle Earth in a way. The movie is good because everything is there for you, and all you have to do is watch and absorb it.
What i am trying to say is that it would be impossible to choose which is better. the book is more for people who like to brew up their own Middle Earth, and the movies are for those who cant sit through a long book and like action...
im sorry, im rambling...but you did ask!!!
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]