Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Name (that you go by): Susan, I guess. I like that one better than my real name
Future Aspirations: Get through college successfully
Goal in life: Get married and then be somebody's mother
Short term goals: Save a little money
Passion: Reading
Hobbies: Clay sculpture, theater
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Holding dinner parties with my friends (if someone out there reads this and has an objection, I concede that it may be a slight exaggeration [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

Fave books: The Last Unicorn and A Fine and Private Place by Peter S Beagle, Watership Down by Richard Adams, Left Hand of Darkness and Earthsea by Ursula K LeGuin, and others as well.
Fave movie: What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
Fave sport: Swimming
Fave store: Who shops enough to have a favorite? Something with books in it, I guess. If I had to choose
Fave music: I collect Broadway soundtracks and I also enjoy listening to folk, older rock (meaning 60s and 70s), and the Beatles

What you can't stand: Pretentiousness, bigotry, intolerance
What you plain dislike: Smoking, thoughtlessness
Who you admire: Person I know: Dave, my theater teacher. He's one of the few truly good people that I know.
Person I don't know: Actor Edward Norton because, based on the interviews I've read, he seems intelligent and thoughtful and he loves his mother. He also values his private life, which is something I agree with.
What you most love to do: Read
Your self-confessed flaws: Impatience, extreme personal reserve (meaning I'm not outgoing enough), an intermittent failure to think before I speak.
What intrigues/fascinates you: People who are willing to stand up in front of a crowd of people and not let their fear overcome them. I want to be able to do that!
What scares you: Being abandoned and forgotten by those whom I love
Quotation to live by: "Stop and smell the Roses"

Additional comments: The internet is fascinating because while you're there you can be whomever you want to be. You can be "you", but the "you" you want to be instead of the "you" you really are.

[ June 09, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]