View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 05:36 PM   #15
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaklondewen
Very nice, Celuien...she's quite a disturbing woman...I like it!
Thanks!

Survey below:

The usual "All About You" questions:
Name (that you go by): On the Downs, Celuien. In RL, Nichole.
Occupation: Senior in medical school (well, in a couple of days)
Future Aspirations: Getting my residency in ophthalmology. Having a family - one of these days...
Goal in life: I guess that my ultimate goal is to live the best life I can from a morals and values perspective. And by doing so, to hopefully contribute towards making the world a better place. Does that sound too egotistical? I mean, I don’t expect to single handedly fix the world’s troubles ( ), but I do want to accomplish what I can, even if only in a small way.
Short term goals: Surviving the last year of med school. Graduation. Residency.
Passion: Life! Everything about it!
Hobbies: Procrastination. Playing the viola and piano. Website coding. Nature walks. Going to concerts and art museums.
Famous for (brag about yourself): Notorious for my weird sense of humor. Some people say I’m famous for being calm and never losing my temper. I hope so. But more on that later. Being the 'baby' of my class - I'm a little younger than my colleagues.
Fave book: Four way tie: The LotR. Silmarillion. Pride and Prejudice. Far from the Madding Crowd.
Fave movie: This changes frequently. Mr. Deeds Goes to Town. The Lion in Winter. Casablanca. The Fellowship of the Ring.
Fave sport: Not all that interested in sports.
Fave store: Um… The grocery market? If not that, the music store to browse the sheet music collection. But my favorite one (Theodore Presser) only has a catalog now. No more walk in shop, sadly.
Fave music: Early Romantic era classical: Beethoven, Schubert, Mendelssohn. Also other historical periods: Tchaikovsky, Brahms, Mozart, Bach, Handel.
What you can't stand: Hatred, prejudice, bigotry.
What you plain dislike: Rush-hour traffic. Rudeness.
Who you admire: Anyone who treats others with kindness and patience.
What you most love to do: See hobbies.
Your self-confessed flaws: Getting back to that temper. I really have a hot-headed streak. Guess it’s the Southern Italian/Sicilian half in me. But I’ve learned to keep it under wraps most of the time, which I guess is a strength. I don’t always have as much patience as I’d like. And when my impatience or temper start to get out of hand, I can be sarcastic. I don’t like it. I have a tendency to hide my real self behind a wall of humor because I find it hard to talk about myself openly in RL until I really get to know someone well, which takes me a long time.
What intrigues/fascinates you: People. I’m a major people watcher. I like to try to get inside people’s heads and figure out what makes them act the way they do.
What scares you: Back to what I can’t stand.
Quotation to live by: “What is hateful to yourself, do not do to your fellow man.”

Value-specific:
What do you want most in a friend? Loyalty and kindness
What do you want most in a teacher? Patience and enthusiasm
What do you want most in an ally? Loyalty. Again.
What do you want most in a team-mate? Loyalty. Yet again. And good listening/coordinating skills.
What do you want people to remember most about you? When all is said and done, I’d like to be remembered as someone who cared.

Writer-specific:
Your favorite work you've written so far: I’m not sure. It’s been a long time since I did any serious (read: non-technical) writing on my own. Biology major in college. Medical school now. Not much creative writing involved, or much time for anything outside of classes. And I tend to take a red pen to anything I write. Repeatedly. Actually, I find it very hard to reread what I write because I always find something I could have done better.
Your favorite character so far: See above.
What you plan to write soon: Posts for this game.
What inspires you to write: My characters. Once I come up with a character that I like, I enjoy putting them into situations and seeing how they deal with what happens. For getting ideas on what to write, I’m inspired by things I observe. The weather. People watching. Just about anything, really.
What makes your writing stall: Not knowing my characters well enough to understand how they would react to a scenario.
Do you get writers' block and how do you overcome it? Absolutely yes. I overcome it by taking a long walk in the woods. Nature has a way of clearing my head and giving me a new perspective on my problems. Either that or listening to music.

Middle-Earth specific:
Your favorite ME character(s)? Frodo. Sam.
What do you like about them? Friendship, loyalty, determination.
Your favorite moment(s) from the Trilogy? The farewell at the Grey Havens. The Choices of Master Samwise – favorite moment is when Sam holds up the Phial over Frodo. “And for a moment he lifted up the Phial and looked down at his master, and the light burned gently now with the soft radiance of the evening-star in summer, and in that light Frodo's face was fair of hue again, pale but beautiful with an elvish beauty, as of one who has long passed the shadows. And with the bitter comfort of that last sight, Sam turned and hid the light and stumbled on into the growing dark.” That's memorized.
Your favorite plot twist(s) from the Trilogy? Gandalf’s return as Gandalf the White.
Looking at your personality as it is, what race do you belong to in Middle-Earth and why? Probably human, though the personality tests always say that I’m an Elf. I’m very interested in music, literature and history. Elvish traits. But I don’t want to drag the world into the past or think that its peak is already gone. I’m looking to the future, and have a hopeful view of what's to come for the world, which is more human than Elvish. Or so I think.
What race would you *like* to belong to in Middle-Earth and why? Sindar. I’m fascinated by the Elves. I love their culture and knowledge. Though I’m not sure I’d want to be immortal and watch the world – from the established Elven perspective – slipping downhill. The High Elves are too distant for me, though, and I don't like the Kinslaying incident, so I prefer the Sindar.
What place(s)would you live in Middle Earth and why? Rivendell. Center of knowledge and learning.
Where would you want to visit? Why? The Shire, for the experience of the Hobbits’ lifestyle. Such fun.
How would you travel? On foot. I think you can really learn so much more about a place by walking it. It makes me feel more a part of the setting.
Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your knapsack and why? Camera. For memory preservation. Maybe I am an Elf after all…

And that's all!