Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 06:40 AM   #65
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"Roggie's been here," grunted Smilog.

"How-sss can you tell-sss?" asked Tollin scratching his head.

"Because it smells of fish!" the Dwarf trotted along, following the illuminated signs, there was even one that said, 'don't forget to wash your hands, Roggie!' Smilog snorted and chuckled over this. "Did his mother build this place?"

"I ttthhhink sss-so," mused Tollin as he picked up a large morning star up off the floor, "I was-sss wondering where that had got to." Smilog looked at the black head of the weapon covered in steel spikes that would easily cleave through solid rock. Smilog may not have been a good mining Dwarf, but he knew a thing or two about steel weaponry.

"What's that for?" he asked, "Do you get many intruders in this place?"

"Only that-ss Roggie," sneered Tollin, "him and his-sss fishhh!" He hummed to himself while examining the chain and handle of the morning star. "I don't know why I ussse thissss," he continued, "theresss notss enough room to swing a cat in here. Believe me I've tried!"

"What, swinging a cat?"

"No!" bellowed Tollin, "usssing this thing."

"It's a morning star," corrected Smilog as the passed a small door marked 'food', "Wait a moment!" cried the dwarf turning and staring at this. "Food? Have you ever seen this?"

"A few timessss," said Tollin, "It'ssss locked."

"I see." hummed Smilog, "wait a moment! You're a Minotaur, yes?" Tollin nodded, "well, you should have unusually great strength. Can't you knock it down?" the Minotaur thought for a moment and then shrugged.

"I'll give it a go," he said and hurled himself full pelt at the door. The rotten wood frame crumbled as soon as he touched it and the rest of the thing fell forwards onto the dusty floor.

"Good grief!" cried Smilog as a stench of rotting fish poured out of the room, "Ack!" he screamed, "what's in there?" there was no answer from Tollin so Smilog held his nose and went in to search for him. He found the Minotaur stuffing his face full of rotten fish and smiling like an imbecile. "What are you doing?"

"Eating fish!" cried Tollin, "Want some?"

"No thank you," Smilog was nearly sick, "I think we should keep moving. Roggie can't be far away. If we find him, maybe we can get out of this dreadful place." reluctantly, Tollin rose and plodded along behind Smilog with his head drooping down. "I just hope there is a bath at the end of this labyrinth."

They journeyed on for a little while before coming to some spiralling stairs that wound high up into the mountain. Smilog looked at the steps and could see fresh footprints there, he also heard someone breathing heavily somewhere up the stairs. "Roggie, is that you?" cried the Dwarf, "I want to talk to you!"

"Go away!" came the reply, "we're closed!"

"This isn't a shop!" Smilog was getting angry and so he began to ascend the stairs. "Now stop messing around and listen to what I have to say!" There was no reply. He called out Roggies name many times angrily but no answer came.

"Maybe he's dead," said Tollin, "especially after all that silly shouting!"

"Don't be-" began Smilog, "wait, what happened to your lisp?"

"It comes and goes," Tollin stated with firm affirmation. As Smilog rolled his eyes they heard something coming down the stairs. At first thy thought it might be Roggie, but the sound was different, less like someone walking down the stairs, more like something flowing down them. Three seconds later a huge flow of stinking green liquid game gushing towards them and knocked them right off their feet and sent them to the bottom. "What is this stuff?" wept Tollin.

"Sour milk!" cried Roggie from above, "now leave me alone!"