View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 08:44 PM   #107
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ráma:

Ráma glanced over at Mithadan and grinnned. Her handsome curls had been cut short, her face streaked with soot and dirt. She was surprized the man even recognized her.

"Yes, it's me. This was the only way I could get in here. And I looked through your papers. I'm sorry. But, if I'm risking my neck for you and your friend, I needed be sure of your story. And your companion didn't exactly give me time to explain." Ráma turned scowling towards Airefalas.

" I'm here to help. You can decide whether to trust me. Right after I returned from the palace, there was a message. Falasmir plans to seize your ship and sell the crew into slavery. I assume he has similar plans for you."

"Can your source be trusted?" Mithadan probed.

Ráma hesitated, "My cousin....he works at the palace. He's been passing on information for years. He's always been right before. But we have little time. He said yesterday that Falasmir planned to act within two days."

She peeled back the rags on top of the wagon and dug inside, exposing the swords and daggers that Lena had given her. Gesturing towards the weapons, she remarked, "Unless you managed to conceal your own, you're going to need these. And these as well..." Ráma pointed towards the tangled pile of bedsheets. "That is unless you two can change forms or sprout wings, we've got to get out of here some way. The last time I looked you had a circle of admirers at your door." The girl paced over to the window and grimly began unfurling the knotted sheets, watching as they dipped out the casement from the second story to the ground below.

Impatiently staring at the two men who stood rooted in place, she snapped, "Come on then. We can talk once we get away. I didn't come here to get us killed."