View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 12:20 PM   #11
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

The wind howled outside as Varda battled her way up to the doors of the Inn. She read the sign above, it read ‘The Seventh Star’. The elf sighed with relief and cast her hood back as she approached the door. Her long dark hair, now damp with rain, blew in the wind as she pulled open the door, and literally fell in as the wind blew her over.

From her vantage point on the floor, she lifted up her head and looked at the group of people staring down at her. From the corner she heard a stifled giggle. Her cheeks starting to go crimson, she hastily got up and brushed down her cloak and mud stained travelling gown. Inwardly she cringed. Certainly not the best way to make her first appearance. Blushing, she simply introduced herself.

“Well met, my merry friends. My name is Varda, from Imladris…I didn’t make the best of entrances..” From the back she heard someone chuckle. “But I’m sure it will be a fine evening listening to all your tales and stories from long ago.”

With that, she walked over to the innkeeper.

“Good sir, do you have a room for the night for a wandering elf. The weather is cold and dismal outside, and I do not wish to go further in search of shelter.” The innkeeper nodded in assent, and Varda looked around the room. Storytelling already seemed to have begun, and she went to sit by the fire to listen, and await her turn.