View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #18
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
I agree that that'd be a good place to put Aman and Mortal Men, since the Akallabeth is written by a Man and not an Elf. However, if this part is to be inserted into the Quenta Silmarillion, I think we must change one more thing:
Quote:
In recording the events in Aman, therefore, EPE-EX-12.45 {we may as did} the Eldar {themselves use}used the Valian unit, though {we must not forget that} within any such ‘year' the Eldar enjoyed an immense series of delights and achievements EPE-EX-12.5 which even the most gifted of Men could not accomplish in twelve times twelve mortal years. Nonetheless the Eldar ‘aged’ at the same speed in Aman as they had done in their beginning upon Middle-earth.
Because the author of the QS is an Elf, we must remove those bits.

Also, this is a point I was unsure of, but at the end:
Quote:
Then an Elf would begin EPE-EX-12.7 (as they say now, for these things did not fully appear in the Elder Days) to 'fade',
The part in the parentheses I am unsure about. If we suppose this to be written by Pengolodh at eh Mouths of Sirion and then in Tol Eressea before being brought back to Middle-earth by the Numenoreans or Glorifindel, then would the Elves have begun fading?
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote