View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 09:28 PM   #155
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thornden stepped back as Eodwine suggested. and leaned against what was left of the kitchen wall, wiping the sweat that had broken out from his forehead. Not that it would do much good when rain would soon replace it. His hand came back down dirty and he sighed as he wiped it on his pant leg.

Quietly he stood watching Degas and Eodwine shovel away quickly. He noticed rocks being shoved and hurled harder and farther out than necessary and he settled his eyes on Eodwine. Clearly he was frusterated and angry. Who shouldn't be? His brows were drawn down over his eyes and he scowled as he worked. Thornden cocked his head to one side and continued to watch. If he kept up at such a rate he'd hurt himself, or someone else. Degas seemed to share this point of veiw.

"Whoa there, lord. Toss those rocks any harder and I'll have a broken leg to show for it."

"Sorry, Degas, just working with a will. I suggest you step back."

"Nay, my lord," Thornden said, standing up straight. "And let you shovel by yourself? There are many of us here, there is no reason why we shouldn't help with the work. At the rate your going, you'll end up hurting yourself and not getting as much done in half the time we could. Come, let us help, and don't take it so hard."

Thornden didn't feel like taking any argument, even from Eodwine, and especially in such a matter. There was room for three of them at least to work side by side, so long as they kept their movements small and concise. Anyone who didn't work could take the rocks they move and throw them farther back, where they would be out of the way until taken care of for good later on.

"Come, Degas," he said. "Stand by our lord and leader and lend him a hand."