View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 11:45 AM   #10
Belegorn
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belegorn has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Give me an honest monarchy where I know who is responsible for decisions over a sham republic or a conglomeration of Institutions any day of the week.
It's supposed to be that way in the American republic as beauracrats are unconstitutional. Yet most of what you'd find in the Constitution is not followed much anyways. The legislature does not even write, or read, the laws they pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwhini
he comes right out and EXPLICITLY SAYS he has a preference for inherited leadership
Even though the U.S. is a republic, what's interesting is that for quite some time we've had a kind of inherited government with the two Parties. Like the House of D and the House of R, but the two Houses are constantly vying for power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir Jones
the acts of Ar-Pharazôn and most of his immediate predecessors were supported by most of their people,
Yet he drew from among those who did not support him human sacrifices. So where there was support he still abused a segment of the population, and he did force his cousin into marriage. The only guy I can compare him with is Castamir who likewise took the throne from his cousin and was not a great ruler, although I'm not sure if he actually had a majority of the people on his side.