View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 02:16 PM   #22
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

Pelladal awoke the morning. He went off to keep guard.

“Did you hear, that Eärnil and Tarciryan?” a soldier asked Pelladal. “Elamir is looking for soldiers to be part of the Honor Guard!” He added before running of to spread the news among the soldiers. Pelladal remembered Eärnil. He hadn’t seen the boy in five years. Eärnil had always been an eager young lad. His questions had been missed in Osgiliath during his five-year absence.

After Palladal’s shift was over he headed back to his small house. Seconds after he had entered he herd a loud knock on the door.

“Hello Captain” Pelladal said as he opened the door. “How may I be of service?” Elamir handed him a letter and strode of to another house. Pelladal opened the letter slowly and read the contents.

Pelladal,
You have been selected to represent your fellow soldiers as a soldier in the Honor Guard for Tarciryan and Eärnil. As you may have heard Tarciryan and Eärnil will be visiting, and they will arrive in only some days from now. This is a great honor and if you accept you shall meet me at the King’s chambers at noon.

-Elamir, Captain of the King's Guards

Pelladal was shocked that they had chosen him to take part in the Honor Guard. But he forgot about his astonishment as he realized it would shortly be noontime. He swiftly got prepared and headed in the direction the King’s chambers lay.

[ July 03, 2003: Message edited by: elven maiden Earwen ]