View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #232
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Snatching the parchment from Morashk, Gjeelea wondered what Arshalous had written. I had not given her much chance, the princess realized as Morashk waited for her to speak.

"I am not yet finished with my business here -" Gjeelea began, sending a backward glance to her brother.

"Then I shall wait for you..." Morashk interrupted.

"No," Gjeelea snapped. She was not in the mood to deal with Morashk, and she did not need him slithering around gathering information for Korak. "No, Morashk, you will return to your master and inform him that I wish to remain here at the palace for an extended period of time."

"But my lady, I received strict orders -" Morashk was a mask of calmness as he tried to refute Gjeelea's orders.

"You will go and you will inform your master that I will return at a later time," the princess said, in a commanding and angry manner. "My husband will understand that I am just as safe here as I would be at his home."

"As you say, my lady," Morashk was led out by Nadda.

Gjeelea looked to her brother, who in turn went to bring Zamara back into the room. Letter in hand, Gjeelea pulled at the creases and gently pulled it open. Her hazel eyes flicked across the page, reading the handwriting and grasping the information given in the letter.

"What does it say?" Zamara asked as she and Siamak reentered the room.

"Arshalous writes of her fears and doubts for becoming queen," Gjeelea replied softly. "Then she goes on to say something about the good of Pashtia..." the princess tried to conceal the confused look on her face. "Read this," she handed the letter to Siamak and Zamara. As they read it over, Gjeelea thought over and over again about the letter. "Do you think she is trying to tell us something? Something she could not write in the letter in case it did not reach me first?"