View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #27
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Thanks and a few things

Thanks for your reply, Bęthberry. Yes, while there weren't as many people at the moot as previously, I had a very good time, and those I saw and talked with also appeared to be having a good time. It was appreciated that the barbecue on Saturday night had better weather than the one last year, for example.

I didn't mention earlier an interesting Australian fan and collector at the 'moot, Fortinbras Proudfoot.

My paper was well received, over 40 people turning up for an early morning slot, which I appreciated. There were, however, some technical problems, my changing of overheads on the computer not happening on the big screen. I had to call on one of the tech people to help a few times. I persisted with the lecture, however, and finished within the time, but with only a little left for questions. Those people who had been there and talked to me afterwards thought it was good; so I was pleased.

I agree with what you said here:

There's so much to see in Oxford itself.

I usually spend a few extra days in the city before the 'moot, so I can look at the sights. That way, I don't need to worry about whether I'm missing something if I leave the relevant college.

Esty and I did meet up on Thursday one year, the day before the 'moot, and had a great time.

Perhaps some next moot in Oxford we can organise a Downer trip to the barrows that are near the city.

That's a nice idea.

Another attendee at the 'moot has put up his account of it on his blog:

http://wotanselvishmusings.blogspot.com/
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote