Thread: Sauron <3
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #10
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
Sorry, but I do not really understand. I have only just gotten into this 'thing'. I have heard of the music and Eru, but not much else, can you explain in an easier way please?
Well, to put it very simply - as simply as I am able to - in the beginning, the world (called Arda, including both Middle-Earth and the Undying Lands, and presumably more) was created by the Ainur who, on Eru's request, made the "Great Music". This music sort of foreshadowed the way the world would be shaped (partially, Eru still took his liberties, such as the creation of Elves and Men), and Melkor, and some of those who followed him - for example Sauron - tried to introduce some "dissonance" into the Music by bringing in themes of their own, which did not really fit well with the rest. We could assume this included making Orcs and other dangerous beasts, basically bringing some evil things and events into the world. But it is also said that at the end of times, after Dagor Dagorath where Melkor will be defeated once and for all, the Ainur will all sing again, now together with the choirs of the Children of Ilúvatar (Elves and Men), and, as you read in the quote Findegil provided, "then the themes of Ilúvatar shall be played aright". That basically means that there won't be the discord among the Ainur as it had been in the first Music. That means, Melkor or Sauron or others will NOT disturb it.

Now, this can of course mean two things, one can mean some utter annihilation of those "evil elements" in the sense of utter annihilation of Melkor and Sauron and other "bad guys". But what I think Findegil had in mind was the possibility of some sort of transformation of those "bad guys", that is, they won't anymore play their music against the theme, but along with it. And I would actually support that idea. Yes, the evil elements are definitely annihilated, but that does not require annihilation of Sauron himself. And it says: "all shall then understand fully his intent in their part, and each shall know the comprehension of each, and Ilúvatar shall give to their thoughts the secret fire, being well pleased." So if we understood it the way that this would also apply to Sauron, it would actually be some sort of "revelation moment" for Sauron, when he would finally also understand his own purpose, which he himself had not been aware of before. I think that's quite a nice and hopeful idea.

Hope that helps clarifying it
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote