View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #35
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
You bring up a good point about being a ringbearer and weather. Has anyone considered that Galadriel, too, controls the weather? Compare Lothlórien to the sere land around it. It would seem Galadriel has created an enclosed biosphere.
I suppose Elrond too has some control, given his stunt with the river - which I always found odd and out of character since Galadriel had the ring of water. She has a connection with water as well, through her mirror, but I always found the ring arrangement a little disorienting.

We don't see Elrond controlling the weather in the air, which would match Vilya's character better. But maybe Rivendell is just happily placed far away from the serious not-quite-natural or at least pathetic fallacy weather that we see further East and South.