View Single Post
Old 04-20-2002, 02:21 PM   #31
Starbreeze
Ghost of a Smile

Starbreeze has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Starbreeze
Silmaril

Ok, continuation of my answer...

>What pitfalls have you faced and how have you overcome them - or not?

Ok, the battle thing. I can't get over it at all. I can describe the events in a battle but I can't get feeling into it and it seems to superficial.
Another problem I have is that the ideas come into my head too fast. I would be writing a bit about Tomar and Imila at Sir Salar's house, when suddenly I would be inspired about a part from later in the plot when Yanata and Yphilon are riding down to Tirone. Then as I am writing that a converation between Chrisa and Kamia before either of the past to scenes will pop into my head. I can't keep up! Does anyone wlse get this? How do you overcome it?
Another problem (sorry if I'm boring you!) I feel that my work is sometimes a little longwinded and boring.
Niphredel, I admire you so much for trying to create a language. I am trying to and I am finding it a little tricky. I am also trying to create a runic language rather like the primitive languages of our world, sanscript and the like.

Ok, a few questions.

How do you guys feel about including a *hmhm* sexual *hmhm* relationship in your story. I don't mean an innocent romance, but the kinda thing that would make your granny faint - like the stuff modern authors are fond of using. I tend to dislike this but I would be interested to see what everyone here thought.

Next, how do you keep track of names etc. and phrases you like, that pop into your head? I mean, I keep it all in a notebook, that I carry around every where so if anything inpires you you can write it down.

Next, what inspires you? Is it everyday things, or something you read, or dreams? Or a mixture?

Next, (wow, I ask a lot don't I lol), How do you feel about other people reading your work? Would you be brave enough to share it with the world and publish it or would you be like me (and Maika apparently), who are too scared to even show people we have known for years?

Next, how long do you write for before you feel that it is finished and you can't do anymore without spoiling it? As an artist too I know that somethimes you could work on something for ages then wake up next morning and know that it is finished, or you could work on something for a day and feel the same way after lunch.

Next, (almost finished!) Do you illustrate your work or leave it to the reader's imagination? And do you want to design your own front cover or have someone else do it?

Ok, I think I'm done now. Sorry about all that but this is the first time I have 'met' with so many other writers and I just can't resist asking you things that have been plaging me for ages. Thank you all! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

To write is to make dreams, to make dreams is to awaken the fantasy of the mind, to awaken the mind is to be a master.