View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #17
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Morthoron listened sympathetically as Bethberry recounted her long strange trip. It was quite a downer, even for someone on the Downs. "I've heard of 'mistaken identity'," the Dark Elf grumbled when he could finally get a word in edgewise, "but not 'taken identity'."

"Yes, it was quite a loss when my bio was confiscated by the authorities," Beth sighed. "The blood, sweat and tears I put into the backstory! It must have taken at least fifteen minutes!"

"That long?" Morthoron replied dubiously.

"I know, can you believe it?" she cried. "It was the best cigarette break I ever had! I was really inspired. Now, we have to smoke off campus."

The Dark Elf nodded and smiled, pretending he knew what Beth was talking about. "And now you are a..."

"An indiscriminate Bree woman," she mumbled sadly.

"Ah," Morthoron said uneasily.

"Go ahead, say it!" Beth demanded.

The Dark Elf bit his lip nervously and stammered, "I - I wasn't aware there were any women in Bree."

"Yes! Yes, I know! Beth shouted shrilly. "Not one damn speaking part for a woman in all of Breeland and the adjacent townships of Combe and Archet! I had to make the whole thing up."

"Hmmm...speculative fiction, interesting," Morthoron nodded, trying desperately to sound enthused by her character choice. But having failed miserably, he glanced about, looking for any convenient reason to slip away.

But since everyone was dead in the Downs, he was stuck. He glanced over at Glirdan and said, "Tell me of your homeworld, Usul."