View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 09:26 AM   #21
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Have we a discription of the Dagor Dagorath? I thought we hadn't but, please guide me to it if I'm wrong.
When you think of the many prophecies in the Lost Tales, than I can't see wy they shouldn't work with a round world as well. My suggestion was that it might be possible that arda healed or remade was flatt and that for that reasson it was a pleasure for all that the trees were rekindled.
But as I suggested only the Elves would inhabit Arda healed, because they thought that form them embodied live was the ultimate destination and for men they thought it might be other wise.

You are right, it is not made explicit that the Elves wouldn't take part in the second music, but it is at least suggested by the text and by the Athrabeth I think.

I think the changes to LQ2 should be taken, they are in now way more contradicting then the prophecy whitout them. They were Tolkiens last thoughts about the prophecy, so I can't see a good reason for dropping them.

I agree with you that the final decision should be made when the text is edited, but the best way of a decision is cannon in this forum (I think) and that can only be reached by long discussion as it seems.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote