View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 PM   #395
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thar She Blows!

A warning -- the following post is all quotes and links of/to Day 1 posts dealing with Loki and Nogrod. I’m providing it as a record of the overview I did -- I thought about not posting it and just posting my conclusions, but thought that some people might want to have some kind of visual aid to go with my summation. So, if you don’t think you need/want to read any posts from Day 1 again, skip this post and go directly to my next post which will contain my opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Going to have to watch this Loki fellow I think, certainly a snapper!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Now, that Loki, he's a pretty shady character.
I ranted at Loki a bit here -- linking rather than pasting since it was longish. I’ll do that for all other longish passages.

Firefoot agrees with me here and goes on to express doubts about his claim of being cursed and uncursed.

My thoughts on the claim here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien in reply to Nogrod
I'm not sure. Loki's...ahem...self-assuredness isn't entirely inconsistent with his legendary debates with the phantom. His behavior today certainly set off alarm bells for me, but because it is sort of what I expected to see, I'd rather adopt a wait and see attitude for my part.
I reply to Celuien and Nogrod about their comments on Loki here.

Gurthang points us to a post Loki made elsewhere on the forum, by linking to a post which links to that post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guuuurthang
Wow, that was a mouthful. But I do have a bit more to say, although you'll have to read it here.
Okay, I’m going to ignore SpM and tp’s posts because they’re dead and innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn
Quote:
I doubt that Loki would have been a great choice for the Evil Wizard.
Well, usually the villagers are ready to give a newcomer the benefit of doubt, a Seer won't usually bother to dream of someone completely new and depending on who the Wizards are, I think it's possible that the idea of making Loki a Wolf intrigued the EW. However, if Loki speaks the truth, I don't have a clue. I could presume that even if he was chosen by the EW, he's not necessarily the one that the GW chose, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I agree with all those who believe that Loki is quiet...what's the word I'm looking for? Ahh! Yes! Shady.
Quote:
I doubt that Loki would have been a great choice for the Evil Wizard.
I actually must differ on this. Because Loki is a newcommer, it is quite possible that the EW wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him try his hand at having a special role. The GW could very well have predicted this and decided to change him back for this. However, can we take his word that he was the un-changed one? Because I really don't think I can. He's been a little too offensive and all over rules of the game. This makes me very uneasy about him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
+ + LOKI

Maybe he's the one scried by the GW, but then again, maybe he ain't.

Frankly, there is no one else at this early point that I'd rather see gone. Without more than niggling suspicions I don't feel comfortable campaigning for the death of any of my family and friends, so yes, Loki is getting the outsider vote. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt (I've never voted for a first timer before) if it weren't for his general churlishness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
I have had a few thoughts: In the first post, Loki claimed to be the reclaimed wolf, but SPM, you didn't even mention that in your "lists", making up three possible wolf teams that did not include Loki at all. That struck me as odd, if not a little careless coming from you. My poor Celuien! Whyever did she marry you?
Kitanna speaks about the Loki matter at some length here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caran
My own suspicions? Well, Loki's behavior seems strange. By "strange behavior", just to clarify, I mean the subtley made claim that he was cursed and un-cursed, and his somewhat abrasive reactions to people's passing comments. However, my suspicions of him may be mainly just because I can't find anyone else to suspect. He's the only one who has really stood out so far, and that itself casts him in slightly a better light, as it would be risky for a wolf to stand out that way.
A bit of a response from Spawn to Jenny about the SpM/Loki matter here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
I also must say that I do not really understand your reasoning concerning Loki, Celuien. If sowing confusion purposedly is not reason enough to get you lynched on Day one, what is?
Quote:
Loki's attitude is an obvious one. In the past such extreme defensiveness over the slightest little thing has been viewed as suspicious behaviour. Also, his continual repetition about the EW being most likely to choose him because he's a newbie sent up flags. You've pointed it out once, ok, but to do it two or three times and make a big thing of it? I just thought it odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
*I'm not going to touch the Loki bandwagon. Loki will have to sort himself out, and i want no part in it. There are pros and cons for either wizard scrying/cursing him, so there is no conlusive conclution that can be reached. As always, there are bluffs, double-bluffs, triple-bluffs, and nth-bluffs, so play it by ear, is waht I say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caran
Now I forget who said it, but someone talked about the "Loki Bandwagon". Not much of a bandwagon yet, as he(/she) has only one vote. I'll admit, he(/she) has come under significant suspicion toDay, but that's really his(/her) own doing. If we do end up lynching him(.../her...), it would be far less random than some of the Day 1 bandwagonning I've read about in my lorebooks.

Left without any other major suspects, and given that I must vote now, that is how I shall cast my vote. I don't mean to start a bandwagon that werewolves can easily hide in, but I don't know whom else to suspect.

++Loki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Loki is completely weird and I'd like to lynch him since he's only creating confusion, but I'm not sure if I believe in his lycantrophy/evilwizardness so much that I'd waste my vote on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
- There are some people that I would like to see reappearing (see the non-posters and the people with 1-3) posts. Especially Loki. I would like to hear more about him.
Naria has some very (considering her wolvishness) interesting things to say about Loki and Nogrod here. Of course, we don’t know if she was even a wolf at that point.

Lommy voices strong suspicion of Nogrod here.

Ceulien gives more thoughts on the matter here.

Eomer talks about not wanting to vote Loki here.

Quote:
I can see Eomer's point about the EW not choosing Loki due to his argumentative style, which was already evident before the game even began. It would be a dangerous move since Loki was bound to draw suspicion. Of course it could be a very clever bluff etc. but that's just too confusing right now! However, I would like to hear a bit more from him, as since those contentious posts this morning he hasn't said a word.
Thoughts on Nogrod from Lommy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
++Nogrod

I am very worried about him(as I stated above). Whether he is a wolf or the EW we need to know sooner than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
++NOGROD

Take it as a compliment: I'd curse you if I was evil.
Lommy votes for Nogrod here.

Quote:
++LOMMY

She is far too eager to kill off Nogrod, with very shoddy reasoning. The double vote isn't suspicious, her computer was probably playing up, but her glee at the idea of bumping Nogrod off is. Plus, he isn't even her real suspect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
++LOKI

Because I have two conflicting opinions and I don't like either of them.

Either he's a newbie and is going to get himself hurt or he's too smart for his own good and is manipulating us. That and I've got nobody better to attack right now.
Roa’s thoughts on the matter (& her first post of the game) are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
++LOKI

Because that fits in with my cannon fodder theory.
Celuien analyzes here.

Quote:
About Nogrod, I haven't had the chance to get to know him well so I have to trust other people's word on this which I hate doing since I can't know if they're on the Evil side or not. However, I, too, had the impression that he's usually more vocal and in the center of events. If he's been busy as he says, it explains quite a lot, though.

Loki seems to be in calmer mood than earlier and I find that kind of soothing although that's what any Wolf would do under suspicion.
Eomer on Nogrod here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Nogrod: I think he has been a little odd, but I still think he is innocent...as of now anyways...According to my lore book, he tends to be suspected a lot and is often lynched..so I don't think he would make a good baddie in the eyes of the EW.

Loki: It irritates me when people have rash behaviors towards others, and all the I told you so's were unnecessary. The vote for Nogrod suggest an easy vote for someone to prevent his own death, as the majority is for lynching Nogrod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
but today I will go with my sister Fea on this one and vote for the newbie..sorry, but overly abrasive people are no fun to play with!

++Loki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
++ Loki
As I said earlier today his first few posts gave me an uneasy feeling.
Quote:
I am, obviously, the best pick(And, being newest to the forums) and least suspicious of the group. Chances are good that I would not have been considered to be anything evil and wrong... just yet
That comment is really what has me worried the most. I just feel like he's trying to lead us to completely believe that since he is new there is no why he's the one we're looking for.
Zali’s vote for Loki w/reasoning here.

Quote:
ToDay's voting seems to be culminating around Loki, Lommy and Nogrod, but since I haven't been suspecting any of them very seriously, I feel disqualified deciding who of them should die, especially since I don't have time (nor can stay awake) for analysing them myself.
Roa gives more thoughts and votes for Nogrod here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I'll be sorry to see you go so soon, Loki. While I still have my doubts about your GW pick story, I don't think you're a wolf.

If you are a wolf, then good riddance, but I have a feeling this isn't going to be the case.
And even though this was really tedious and I want to go bang my head against a brick wall now, I will post again shortly with what all this tells me.