View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 02:04 AM   #4
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Today's is quite a nice one, though it may just be that I really like the wisteria look:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry View Post
I've tried to post here a pic but have been unable to. Cute game.I was looking for Esmerelda Took's place.
I tend to host my pictures on Imgur; I used to use Photobucket but they went all weird a few years back. It's a struggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
This is actually amazing and very impressive. Quite some work - both the linguistic exercise and the visuals, somehow matched to the coding. This is very cool.

I now want to see what absurdities (Sadsadoc ) the code generates by accident. I am convinced that one day we are gonna land on a killer of a name.

Also... When playing around with it, I discovered that Bilbo Baggins gets a different image depending on whether or not you capitalize the letters! And if you only capitalize one of the B's, that also generates a different hole!
Yeah, the generator converts every character in the name into its Unicode value, which differs for capitals and lowercase. I could set it up to avoid that (by just capitalising everything before processing it), but this allows for more variety and lets you find the "best" version of someone's house.

As for worst names... Madmadac and Sadsadas are both pretty high up there for the Stoors. The Fallohide generator is less obviously daft, but "Everbald" is in there, along with the overwrought nonsense of "Ferdidolpho". The Harfeet can do "Fastfast" and "Wisewise", or something like "Bowman". And the general Hobbit names... anything with two consonant clusters tends to look quote daft (Drurgo, Blolbo), and you can of course get a dog (Fido), a bean (Pinto), and a scouring pad (Brillo). But... it's hard to really say Tolkien wouldn't have done that. He did almost have Bingo as his protagonist, after all!

hS