View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 10:12 AM   #250
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Outside Lothlorien: Erebemlin

Erebemlin smiled slightly despite the seriousness of Ædegard’s questions. “No, I do not deem you foolish for I know little of the ways of Men. As to your question…it has been close to one thousand years since Lord Amroth left us. He meant to join his lady at the havens in the south, and together they would sail to the Undying Lands.” The elf paused to gather his thoughts and then continued. “Nimrodel never made it to their destination, and while Amroth waited upon his ship a great storm blew and pushed the ship from shore. The tales say that once he realized he was no longer at the shore, he leapt into the sea. You must have heard the lady Bellyn’s song last night.” Erebemlin sang just loud enough for Ædegard to hear him.

But from the West has come no word,
And on the Hither Shore
No tidings Elven-folk have heard
Of Amroth evermore.

“And so he perished in sea?” Ædegard asked quietly.

“That is what we have always believed.”

“How, then, did he get here…in the blacksmith’s body?”

Erebemlin took a deep breath. The young man was asking him difficult questions to which he did not know the answers. “I wish I understood that myself. Amroth does not seem to even realize he is not the same, and he says he only remembers waking in Edoras. I would say that only the mighty Valar could allow his return…or Illúvatar himself…”