View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #47
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
I don't agree with this so much. I think the Herbalist should have freedom to exercise their judgment.
We don't want the Herbalist to reveal, ever, since we very badly need to keep them alive. The only way we get any information from the Herbalist at all is if we have a scenario where the Herbalist has a choice to protect two competing claimants and we can decide which one they choose. In this scenario, we can know who was telling the truth and who was lying, which immediately gives us a wolf. If we do know who the Herbalist protected and neither die, we have a known innocent and a known wolf. If we know who was protected and the other dies, we have a known wolf and a dead known innocent. Either of these scenarios is much, much better than if we don't know who the Herbalist protected and they get it right, because then, no one dies, and we end up needing to kill both people, because we know that one is innocent and the other a wolf, but we can never know which.

Freedom to exercise judgement is all well and good, but we should never willingly throw away information.