View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 02:32 PM   #14
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
Sorry, what are A-Levels? Never heard of 'em, but then maybe that's because I'm over here in the U.S. .... or just plain ignorant.
A Levels are Advanced Level qualifications. You take 'em at 18, two years after your GCSEs (which used to be called O Levels or Ordinary levels but then a civil servant tinkered with 'em and they are called GCSEs), and you choose the subjects you're best at or which you enjoy the most, or if you want to do medicine you just have to do lots of science ones. A`Levels are hard, especially History. And you need some good ones to get into University. Most folk do 3 or 4 A levels, and you need something like 3 Grade A ones to get into a top university or onto a popular course.

I have to hasten to add, I also like Siamese cats, as all cats are lovely creatures. Just so long as Tolkien had nothing against furry round tabbies...

Another thing that's going to Mordor. Snails. Because my garden is infested with them.