View Single Post
Old 12-15-2002, 01:59 PM   #80
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Susan had been standing nearby during the gift giving and observed the excitement with which the new spices had been recieved. She reached into her pocket and fingered the bulb there, then decided the cheer would be worth it to give the precious thing away.

"Hello, mind if I join you?" They looked up, surprised. She smiled at Gamba, who seemed nervous, and at the Elves and Bird, who were giving her slightly puzzled looks, as if they were trying to remember where they seen her before. Gandalf gave his usual hearty greeting.

"Hello, Susan! Come, join us."

She smiled, and sat, then introduced herself. "I'm Susan. I'm the newest member of the Society of Gondor," She added the last bit and they nodded in recognition.
"Bethberry, I wonder if you'd like this to go along with Bird's Yule gift?"

She put her hand in her pocket while the others leaned forward to look. She pulled out a small conical bulb, with a papery wrapping.

"What is it?" Gamba asked curiously.

"It's garlic," Bethberry answered, taking it from Susan's hand.

"That's right," Susan continued with a smile, "You put it in stews and it gives a nice spicy flavor. You can also bake it and put it on bread."

[ December 15, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]