View Single Post
Old 02-27-2002, 07:37 AM   #111
Airetauriel
Animated Skeleton

Airetauriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, it was a serious point, and is my belief. I didn't want to offend anyone and apologise if it was thoughtless. I have read a good deal of this thread and believe everyone has a valid point, but everyone is writing from their own point of view, whether they be Christian, non Christian, a strict atheist or merely worship Tolkien! I respect everyone's beliefs, if they find it helpful to be Christian or any other religion, then nothing but good luck to them - I myself ask only two things. That they don't try to impose their religion onto me, and that they don't consider themselves morally superior to me because I have no religious denomination. Nor do I believe in God. But that it my belief, and I would certainly never try to persuade someone that does believe to change their minds. However, it has been my experience so far in life that I am constantly pulled back and forth with pressure to believe one thing or another, and if I refuse, instantly become some kind of non-human heathen person with no morals because I don't happen to believe in God. So, to that end, I would much rather believe in Tolkien. I'm sorry if I caused any offense!

Airetauriel [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]